(1) Trees come in many shapes and sizes, and can therefore be painted on many different-sized stones. To start, you will need a stone that has a smooth surface. Here I used a medium-sized stone (1–2 inches).
(2) Near the edge, draw a line around the stone with a pencil. Fill this space with the acrylic paint color you prefer. Here I used dark green.
(3) Draw a simple tree design directly on the painted area, using a thin round brush and white ink (or with a white paint pen).
(4) Now you can add some details to your tree. Paint some light green dots on different parts of the tree.
(5) Continue to add details with some pink dots; make them smaller to have a balanced look.
(6) Using black ink, draw some contour lines around the green dots and branches to make your tree more stylish.
Try drawing and painting your tree design directly on the stone's natural surface (darker stones with light colors, lighter stones with dark colors). You can also paint the entire surface of the stone before adding your tree design.
(1) The leaf is one of the most suitable designs to paint on stones. Here I used five similar oval shapes to show different possibilities. Using a pencil, draw your leaf sketches on the stones. It's better to use harder 2H pencils because they won't leave lead powder on the stone's surface.
(2) Paint your leaves with the colors you like. You can use acrylic paints and inks with thin brushes, or you can work with paint pens.
(3) Use black fineliner pens to add a contour around the leaves. You can draw parallel lines, half circles, and dots to fill each leaf. Adding some dots with white acrylic ink around the contours or inside the small leaves will create an extra-fine look.
(1) You will need some round, flat stones for this project. Draw your flower sketches on the stones with a pencil.
(2) Then color the flowers using acrylic inks and size 00 round brushes. After your paint dries completely, use a fineliner pen to outline the edges of the flowers. This will make them more visible.
(3) Next, add details to your flower designs. Here I used simple lines, drew small plants inside petals, and added dots of different colors. You can use paint pens with extra-fine tips for all these details.
(1) You will need some oval-shaped, flat stones for this project. Draw some simple, tiny plants with a pencil. You can use your imagination or you can take inspiration from nature
(2) Using acrylic inks, dip pens, and paint pens, add color to your designs. For the plants featuring lines only, you can simply trace over the pencil sketch lines with a dip pen or with extra-fine paint pens.
(3) Use a black fineliner pen to add contour and shadowing to your plants. Then, to finish your plant designs, add some small details such as dots and thin lines.
(1) Look for stones of different sizes and shapes and draw sea shells or other sea creatures on them.
(2) Paint your designs with the colors you prefer. Here I used some blue hues and some pastel tones. Use acrylic paints and inks with thin round brushes.
(3) Draw a black line around your designs with a black fineliner pen. When you work with small stones and pale colors, it's better to add a contour to the design for a sharp look. Finish your designs by adding some fine details. You can add black or white dots near black lines, or you can fill empty spaces with some semi-oval shapes filled with black paint and some parallel fine lines.
(1) In this project you can use oval-shaped and semi-round stones. As always, draw your fish sketch on the stone using a pencil.
(2) With different bright colors, paint your design. Then, using a black fineliner pen, add contours to all designs.
(3) Now you can start to add final details to your fish. Using black and white fineliners, add some details on the eyes, scales, and tail. Try some bold dots in different colors to make your fish more vibrant.
(1) In this project you can use oval stones, tall stones, or little pebbles. As always, draw your feather sketch on each stone using a pencil.
(2) Then with different bright colors, paint your design. Actual bird feathers are beautiful objects that come in many different colors, so why not try a lot of different colors in your designs, too?
(3) Using a black fineliner pen, add contours to your designs. Then you can add details. Try parallel thin lines, small and large dots of different colors, and parallel semicircles. (Try using white ink and dip pens to create a monochrome look on darker pebbles.)