Once you set up your author account and begin capturing leads through the Author Circle program, you will need an effective, consistent email program to market to these readers. It isn't viable long-term to simply load their addresses into your personal email program; you'll need to practice the fundamentals of professional email marketing.
Please understand this strategy is a fundamental of doing business in the digital economy. Like any discipline, there are fundamentals of effective email. We can only begin to scratch the surface of the subject in an introductory report like this.
There are many good companies available to help in the email world, known as Email Service Providers (ESP's). Here is a top-level listing of areas where an ESP can help:
- Subscriber and List Management: Topics include new subscriptions, unsubscribes, list cleansing, bounces processing, merge/purge, subscriber preference centers, and more.
- Message Composition: Templates, images, “from” and subject lines, formatting.
- Delivery and Campaign Management: List segmentation, delivery times, welcome messages, integration with social media, etc.
- Tracking and Reporting: Open counts, click through rates (CTR), subscriber history, forward activity, transmission history.
- Email Marketing Expertise: Tips, polls, forms, results analysis.
- Account Management and Support: Training, technical support, knowledge base.
This information was provided by Email Transmit. This company in particular understands author marketing... the president of the company is a published author himself!
BookDaily ESP Recommendation: Email Transmit
We've arranged for a special discount for BookDaily authors from Email Transmit. You can get a free demo here: http://emailtransmit.com/request-a-demo. Please note that most authors pay as little as $25 per month for this service. Plus use discount code “BD50” and the “self-service” account option to get a special BookDaily discount!